| This is my own experience
Last year in April I bought my first Auntie Jackie’s product. For a while now I have seen their product been promoted by other lady’s and saw some great reviews. I have been looking for a new moisturizing conditioner that was available in a store and not expensive.
What got my attention was the title moisturizing & softening part and that is a reconstructive conditioner. I’m a sucker for a product that mentions the word moisturizing. But is it really moisturizing?? That is always the question.
I have been good with my shopping habits. I’m trying my best not to buy new hair products. Sometimes I even fight with myself – lol – Is there a cure for a product junkie. But last month I did some shopping and it was all about the OILS!!
First I had to buy a new relaxer. After 22 weeks it’s was time for the creamy crack. I switch back to the no-lye formula. I also bought some staple product
Rosewater 300 ml (Store Afro New Creations, €1,25)
Almond Oil 300 ml (Store Afro New Creations, €3,95)
-a new oil to try out-
Sesame seed oil 250 ml (Store Afro New Creations, €2,99)
I also bought me some essential oils. There was a discount. I’m always down for a discount.
Tea Tree 30 ml (De Tuinen, €6,99 > €3,49)
Sweet Orange 30 ml (De Tuinen, €5,99 > €2,99)
Lemon 30 ml (De Tuinen, €5,99 > €2,99)
Rosemary 30 ml (De Tuinen, €5,99 > €2,99)
In the last three months I have been adding some new products to my hair collections.
I was holding on to my promise not to buy some new products, but a discount threw me off. I’m proud of myself because I only but two products
- Organix hydrating macadamia oil Shampoo 385 ml (DIO Drogist,€11,99 – €9,49)
- Organix hydrating macadamia oil Conditioner (DIO Drogist,€11,99 – €9,49)
This two product was also on my wish list 2014.
Moisture Moisture Moisture!!!! All the products that I bought are repurchasing. For about two month I have been looking for the Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter moisturizer. I was going crazy because every hair store was out. There was one shop owner (Store Afro New Creations) who was kind enough to order for me – happy dance -. I was so thankful because this moisturizer really saved my hair.
The other two products are my ‘light’ moisturizers.
In February I did some shopping and I tried some products out. In March I used Mizani Botanifying Conditioning Shampoo for my weekly wash.
What does the product say?
This gentle daily shampoo, formulated with an aromatic blend of botanicals, replenishing lost moisture to the hair. Hydrating Aloe Extracts binds moisture to the hair while Panthenol helps repair damage and strengthen against split ends. Leave hair hydrated and manageable.
Directions: Massage a generous amount into wet hair, lather and rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.
How does the product work?
The shampoo has a weird scent to it. I can’t really explain it. For someone who is sensitive, it can maybe turn you off. First time using this shampoo I was surprised. This shampoo really does what is says. With my first wash I had a owh snap reaction, because my hair felt stiff, but when I applied the shampoo for the second wash my hair felt soft and bouncy. For cleaning the hair one wash was enough.
Yeah yeah … I’m guilty I’m a product junkie *sigh*. In the month I did some shopping and some was really needed.
- Pura Total Macadamia Oil 100ml. (webshop www.natuurlijkeolie.nl, €2,95)
- KTC Pure Coconut oil 500ml. (Store Afro Indian Market, €3,95)
- Pura Total Castor oil 250ml. (webshop www.natuurlijkeolie.nl, €4,00)
- Black castor oil 236 ml (my bought it online for me, price ?)
Last month I did some shopping. I wrote a post about my wishlist for 2014 and I finally bought the products I was longing for.
The products from left to right:
- Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Conditoner 385 ml (Store Afro New Creations, €10,95)
- Mizani Botanifying Conditioning Shampoo 250 ml (webshop haarproductshop.nl, €13,63)
- ORS Olive Olive Hair lotion 680 ml (Store Afro New Creations, €9,99)
- Mizani Moisturfusion Milk Bath Shampoo 250 ml (webshop haarproductshop.nl, €15,56)
- Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-In H2 Conditioner 237 ml (Store Afro New Creations, €6,95)
- Mizani Moistufusion Silk Cream conditioner 250 ml (webshop haarproductshop.nl, €17,74)
- Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo 385 ml (Store Afro New Creations, €10,95)
The ORS Olive Oil Hair lotion is a hair moisturizer staple the rest are all new products.